PE and Sports Funding
The PE and sport premium is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils.
The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of Funding
We have been given freedom of how to use our school sports funding, but have been provided with a set of guidelines to support us in making the best use of our funds. Possible uses for the funding include:
- hiring specialist qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE.
- funding continuous professional development opportunities in PE/Sport.
- covering the cost of releasing primary teachers to attend training.
- running sports competitions, or increasing participation in the school games.
- increasing the quality of materials/resources which are used to teach and lead primary PE;
- increasing the after-school opportunities for children of all ages and abilities.
- improving children’s understanding of healthy eating and the advantages of exercise.
- Unique experiences.
PE & Sports Premium - Current
Previous Years PE & Sports Premium