Our Children’s Centre Advisory Board plays a vital role in shaping our Children’s Centre services.
The board is a group of multi-agency stakeholders, including parents/carers who meet regularly to ensure plans are in place to meet the needs of the local community. The role of the Advisory Board is to provide advice, assistance and challenge for Children’s Centres; to work with centre leaders to identify priorities through effective consultation and engagement; agree objectives and development plans; monitor progress through performance outcomes; drive improvement in the children’s centre’s performance; ensure the services on offer meet local needs and to facilitate two way communication between the community and the children’s centres.
We always welcome new members, so if you feel that you would like to have your say about Baines’ Children’s Centre, why not come along to our next meeting to find out more!
Our next Advisory Group meeting is 5th February 2019 at 4pm.
Baines’ Advisory Board Committee is made up of the following representatives:
- Link Health Visitor – Julie Carter-Lindsey (Chair of the Committee)
- Children’s Centre Headteacher – Debi Rusling
- Children’s Centre Deputy Headteacher – Nicola Sawyer
- Children’s Centre Leader – Laura Smy
- Nursery Lead – Becky Duckworth,
- Parent representative – Jonathon Greenhalgh, Centre volunteer.
- Parent representative – Caroline Cook.
- School Governor – Kath Montgomary and Sue Brown
- Housing – Richard Scholes, Blackpool Coastal Housing
- Local Authority Representative – Wendy Stevenson, Adult Learning
- Police – Debbie Savage, Local PCSO
- Speech and Language – Joanne Burr, Communicate
- Administrator – Liz Bickerstaffe (minute taker).